TLS changes teaching.
Don’t take our word for it.
See what they’re saying.
- "I just got my evaluations sent to me in the mail from Arcadia for the fall semester math ed course I teach there. I focus a lot of time and attention on FA and DI, based on everything I learned from Pete and have since built upon in practice in my own classroom. Anyway, I got the best compliment I've ever received from a student, and I owe it all to Pete. One of the students wrote, "Learning about teaching math from Michelle is like learning baseball from an MLB player." Well, of course, instant sobbing. My dog's looking at me like I'm freakin nuts, haha. But seriously, I would never be where I am today, as a high school math teacher or as a college math ed instructor, without Pete. He is an amazing person, someone who I greatly admire and respect, and the one who inspired me to want to teach other math teachers about improving their craft. I hope to pass by the two of you in that conference room again very soon so that I can thank him in person." High School Math Teacher, Plymouth-Whitemarsh High School
- "It really was the best PD that I’ve gone through to date! Going through your program really changed how I think about differentiating and I know that it has improved my teaching. Before, I felt as though DI was a bit “unreachable” – difficult to plan for and to implement. I realized that I had already been doing some of it, but you helped me to put all the pieces together. Now, I really feel as though it’s a part of my every day in the classroom." - High School Math, Wissahickon School District
- "There is nothing better than going to a Professional Development session and being part of it, instead of just being talked to. The way the process was presented allowed us to experience what D.I. is and to see the strategies in action so it was easier to see how to bring them to the classroom." - High School Teacher
- "Your sessions have greatly increased my "toolbox" with differentiating strategies for our classroom lessons. I now feel more comfortable including DI in my classroom. DI is a must have for a majority of my lessons. I hope future cohorts embrace this great resource." - High School Teacher
- "Thanks for all the great work with our staff. I am really seeing the benefits with our daily instruction. Rather than covering content I am actually observing instructional strategies that increase student’s learning through “maximized engagement, through differentiation, using technology when appropriate. Amazing work! Very appreciated and valued." - Secondary Principal
- "I just want to say thank you for this opportunity! I learned quite a bit about what I already do and what I could do to become a better teacher. It has actually made me more motivated to try new strategies to increase student engagement. Thank you!!!!!" - Middle School English-Language Arts Teacher
- “I have definitely considered the 4 Pillars and assessment when planning my lessons. I am constantly thinking of ways to effectively assess my students to ensure that I am meeting the correct level of engagement. I have learned that assessment is not something that just follows lessons, but it also drives instruction." - High School Teacher
- Over the last few weeks I have tried scaffolding and split screen strategies and have had much success! Additionally, I created two new targeted assessments. This activity also proved to be very helpful. I have seen increased engagement of all students and I have data to show which students have learned what specific information. Overall, these changes have been subtle, small and rather simple, but have had huge results. Thanks! - Language Arts Teacher, Kutztown Area School District
- "The teachers were really amazing in their presentation and understanding of how to integrate technology seamlessly with good instruction. I reached out to the teachers I saw yesterday with some praise and encouragement. I’m so pleased with the program and how our teachers have embraced it- and especially with their willingness to share with peers and model how time well spent with planning and preparation makes a tremendous difference for our students. Thank you to Pete and Beth Ann for facilitating a great day of learning!!" - Curriculum Director, Spring Ford School District
- "THANK YOU! I love being part of this program - it is making me a better teacher, all the time! Key Learning from today: Learned new Think Dots, reviewed Tiered Instruction - and some essentials for incorporating that efficiently!"
- "I just wanted to send you a quick email to say THANK YOU for taking me under your wing and helping me to be the teacher I am today. Working so closely with you has been by far the most challenging yet rewarding experience in my professional career. Not only do I benefit from what you taught me on a daily basis, but my students do and so does the staff I work with. You truly are an amazing educator, and I thank you for sharing your expertise and passion with me." -4th Grade Math Teacher, Erdenheim Elementary School