TLS changes teaching.
Don’t take our word for it.
See what they’re saying.
- “I have definitely considered the 4 Pillars and assessment when planning my lessons. I am constantly thinking of ways to effectively assess my students to ensure that I am meeting the correct level of engagement. I have learned that assessment is not something that just follows lessons, but it also drives instruction." - High School Teacher
- "I just got my evaluations sent to me in the mail from Arcadia for the fall semester math ed course I teach there. I focus a lot of time and attention on FA and DI, based on everything I learned from Pete and have since built upon in practice in my own classroom. Anyway, I got the best compliment I've ever received from a student, and I owe it all to Pete. One of the students wrote, "Learning about teaching math from Michelle is like learning baseball from an MLB player." Well, of course, instant sobbing. My dog's looking at me like I'm freakin nuts, haha. But seriously, I would never be where I am today, as a high school math teacher or as a college math ed instructor, without Pete. He is an amazing person, someone who I greatly admire and respect, and the one who inspired me to want to teach other math teachers about improving their craft. I hope to pass by the two of you in that conference room again very soon so that I can thank him in person." High School Math Teacher, Plymouth-Whitemarsh High School
- “It provides realistic examples, strategies, and feedback to use throughout the school year as well as helps me as a teacher provide a classroom with effective DI.” - Teacher; Induction program
- "The teachers were really amazing in their presentation and understanding of how to integrate technology seamlessly with good instruction. I reached out to the teachers I saw yesterday with some praise and encouragement. I’m so pleased with the program and how our teachers have embraced it- and especially with their willingness to share with peers and model how time well spent with planning and preparation makes a tremendous difference for our students. Thank you to Pete and Beth Ann for facilitating a great day of learning!!" - Curriculum Director, Spring Ford School District
- "Thanks for all the great work with our staff. I am really seeing the benefits with our daily instruction. Rather than covering content I am actually observing instructional strategies that increase student’s learning through “maximized engagement, through differentiation, using technology when appropriate. Amazing work! Very appreciated and valued." - Secondary Principal
- "There is nothing better than going to a Professional Development session and being part of it, instead of just being talked to. The way the process was presented allowed us to experience what D.I. is and to see the strategies in action so it was easier to see how to bring them to the classroom." - High School Teacher
- "First off, thank you all very much for opening my eyes to the world of Differentiated Instruction. I learned many new techniques that I am slowly integrating into my classroom. The students love the activities and I have found that more students are not only more engaged, but seem to be retaining more information. As the World Language department chair, I have also shared some of the new DI techniques with other Spanish teachers and plan to make DI part of our departmental goals for next year." - High School Teacher & Department Chair
- "Thanks for sharing this feedback. Reading it makes me really grateful for this opportunity for our teachers because the reflections really show a true commitment and genuine learning. I am excited to see this learning put into practice and naturally “spread” as these cohort members (and future members) share their knowledge and become leaders in the building." - High School Principal
- "I am working my way through the DI course. I’ve been struggling to manage iReady and DI and so I am playing catch up...I have to say how much I LOVE the course! It’s amazing. I am completely impressed with the quality of this and feel like I have learned so much just working through it. You should be so proud of this product. I have a few more modules to go. I’m so excited to know our staff members have access to this and to you. Thanks." - Middle School Principal
- "It really was the best PD that I’ve gone through to date! Going through your program really changed how I think about differentiating and I know that it has improved my teaching. Before, I felt as though DI was a bit “unreachable” – difficult to plan for and to implement. I realized that I had already been doing some of it, but you helped me to put all the pieces together. Now, I really feel as though it’s a part of my every day in the classroom." - High School Math, Wissahickon School District
- “The structure of the workshop served to teach and model the concepts and strategies. Key concepts and vocabulary were regularly reinforced, and there were frequent checks for understanding and application.” - Administrator; DI program