TLS changes teaching.
Don’t take our word for it.
See what they’re saying.
- Over the last few weeks I have tried scaffolding and split screen strategies and have had much success! Additionally, I created two new targeted assessments. This activity also proved to be very helpful. I have seen increased engagement of all students and I have data to show which students have learned what specific information. Overall, these changes have been subtle, small and rather simple, but have had huge results. Thanks! - Language Arts Teacher, Kutztown Area School District
- "There is nothing better than going to a Professional Development session and being part of it, instead of just being talked to. The way the process was presented allowed us to experience what D.I. is and to see the strategies in action so it was easier to see how to bring them to the classroom." - High School Teacher
- "Your sessions have greatly increased my "toolbox" with differentiating strategies for our classroom lessons. I now feel more comfortable including DI in my classroom. DI is a must have for a majority of my lessons. I hope future cohorts embrace this great resource." - High School Teacher
- "I just wanted to send you a quick email to say THANK YOU for taking me under your wing and helping me to be the teacher I am today. Working so closely with you has been by far the most challenging yet rewarding experience in my professional career. Not only do I benefit from what you taught me on a daily basis, but my students do and so does the staff I work with. You truly are an amazing educator, and I thank you for sharing your expertise and passion with me." -4th Grade Math Teacher, Erdenheim Elementary School
- "Today, I finished meeting with teachers for their end-of-year evaluations. Many teachers referenced DI in our conference and cited the workshops, conversations, and lessons that were a part of their DI training this year. Our KES teachers can be fairly outspoken. The fact that they made mention of their experiences in your workshops and the impact it had on instruction is a testament to the value of their time with you. I am sure tomorrow will be a productive day and I look forward to your work with our intermediate teachers next year." - Principal, Kutztown Elementary School
- "Thanks for sharing this feedback. Reading it makes me really grateful for this opportunity for our teachers because the reflections really show a true commitment and genuine learning. I am excited to see this learning put into practice and naturally “spread” as these cohort members (and future members) share their knowledge and become leaders in the building." - High School Principal
- "The teachers were really amazing in their presentation and understanding of how to integrate technology seamlessly with good instruction. I reached out to the teachers I saw yesterday with some praise and encouragement. I’m so pleased with the program and how our teachers have embraced it- and especially with their willingness to share with peers and model how time well spent with planning and preparation makes a tremendous difference for our students. Thank you to Pete and Beth Ann for facilitating a great day of learning!!" - Curriculum Director, Spring Ford School District
- "I just got my evaluations sent to me in the mail from Arcadia for the fall semester math ed course I teach there. I focus a lot of time and attention on FA and DI, based on everything I learned from Pete and have since built upon in practice in my own classroom. Anyway, I got the best compliment I've ever received from a student, and I owe it all to Pete. One of the students wrote, "Learning about teaching math from Michelle is like learning baseball from an MLB player." Well, of course, instant sobbing. My dog's looking at me like I'm freakin nuts, haha. But seriously, I would never be where I am today, as a high school math teacher or as a college math ed instructor, without Pete. He is an amazing person, someone who I greatly admire and respect, and the one who inspired me to want to teach other math teachers about improving their craft. I hope to pass by the two of you in that conference room again very soon so that I can thank him in person." High School Math Teacher, Plymouth-Whitemarsh High School
- “It provides realistic examples, strategies, and feedback to use throughout the school year as well as helps me as a teacher provide a classroom with effective DI.” - Teacher; Induction program
- "Thanks for all the great work with our staff. I am really seeing the benefits with our daily instruction. Rather than covering content I am actually observing instructional strategies that increase student’s learning through “maximized engagement, through differentiation, using technology when appropriate. Amazing work! Very appreciated and valued." - Secondary Principal
- "First off, thank you all very much for opening my eyes to the world of Differentiated Instruction. I learned many new techniques that I am slowly integrating into my classroom. The students love the activities and I have found that more students are not only more engaged, but seem to be retaining more information. As the World Language department chair, I have also shared some of the new DI techniques with other Spanish teachers and plan to make DI part of our departmental goals for next year." - High School Teacher & Department Chair