TLS changes teaching.
Don’t take our word for it.
See what they’re saying.
- “I feel as though the process of this experience has been essential to my learning and my successes with implementing the DI philosophy and strategies. I really needed to see the strategies in action, I loved your questioning techniques and how you explain clearly and in detail your expectations. The coaching opportunities were very useful in helping me to plan activities and brainstorm what strategies would best support my goals.” - High School Teacher
- "It really was the best PD that I’ve gone through to date! Going through your program really changed how I think about differentiating and I know that it has improved my teaching. Before, I felt as though DI was a bit “unreachable” – difficult to plan for and to implement. I realized that I had already been doing some of it, but you helped me to put all the pieces together. Now, I really feel as though it’s a part of my every day in the classroom." - High School Math, Wissahickon School District
- "Thanks so much for the feedback. I watch and admire your approach to guiding teachers. You have a firm but positive approach supporting teachers. I want to do the best I can and always try to set high standards for what I do and how I support others. Your coaching us has been such an amazing experience." - Instructional Coach, grades 7-12, Spring-Ford Area School District
- "THANK YOU! I love being part of this program - it is making me a better teacher, all the time! Key Learning from today: Learned new Think Dots, reviewed Tiered Instruction - and some essentials for incorporating that efficiently!"
- "I just wanted to send you a quick email to say THANK YOU for taking me under your wing and helping me to be the teacher I am today. Working so closely with you has been by far the most challenging yet rewarding experience in my professional career. Not only do I benefit from what you taught me on a daily basis, but my students do and so does the staff I work with. You truly are an amazing educator, and I thank you for sharing your expertise and passion with me." -4th Grade Math Teacher, Erdenheim Elementary School
- “The structure of the workshop served to teach and model the concepts and strategies. Key concepts and vocabulary were regularly reinforced, and there were frequent checks for understanding and application.” - Administrator; DI program
- "I’m excited to read the positive reflections from our teachers regarding their learning, their experiences, and the desire to continue to engage in collaborative discussions with the cohort. The reflection by the participants supports the positive and significant impact this type of professional development with embedded coaching provides to effect change." - Curriculum Director
- “I have definitely considered the 4 Pillars and assessment when planning my lessons. I am constantly thinking of ways to effectively assess my students to ensure that I am meeting the correct level of engagement. I have learned that assessment is not something that just follows lessons, but it also drives instruction." - High School Teacher
- "Your sessions have greatly increased my "toolbox" with differentiating strategies for our classroom lessons. I now feel more comfortable including DI in my classroom. DI is a must have for a majority of my lessons. I hope future cohorts embrace this great resource." - High School Teacher
- "I just got my evaluations sent to me in the mail from Arcadia for the fall semester math ed course I teach there. I focus a lot of time and attention on FA and DI, based on everything I learned from Pete and have since built upon in practice in my own classroom. Anyway, I got the best compliment I've ever received from a student, and I owe it all to Pete. One of the students wrote, "Learning about teaching math from Michelle is like learning baseball from an MLB player." Well, of course, instant sobbing. My dog's looking at me like I'm freakin nuts, haha. But seriously, I would never be where I am today, as a high school math teacher or as a college math ed instructor, without Pete. He is an amazing person, someone who I greatly admire and respect, and the one who inspired me to want to teach other math teachers about improving their craft. I hope to pass by the two of you in that conference room again very soon so that I can thank him in person." High School Math Teacher, Plymouth-Whitemarsh High School
- “It provides realistic examples, strategies, and feedback to use throughout the school year as well as helps me as a teacher provide a classroom with effective DI.” - Teacher; Induction program