TLS changes teaching.
Don’t take our word for it.
See what they’re saying.
- "Thanks for all the great work with our staff. I am really seeing the benefits with our daily instruction. Rather than covering content I am actually observing instructional strategies that increase student’s learning through “maximized engagement, through differentiation, using technology when appropriate. Amazing work! Very appreciated and valued." - Secondary Principal
- “I feel as though the process of this experience has been essential to my learning and my successes with implementing the DI philosophy and strategies. I really needed to see the strategies in action, I loved your questioning techniques and how you explain clearly and in detail your expectations. The coaching opportunities were very useful in helping me to plan activities and brainstorm what strategies would best support my goals.” - High School Teacher
- “It provides realistic examples, strategies, and feedback to use throughout the school year as well as helps me as a teacher provide a classroom with effective DI.” - Teacher; Induction program
- "I continue to be grateful for all of the learning that our teachers are gaining through this program – I see it every day in the classrooms. It is, by far, one of the best things that WHS has done – and you and your Team are to be thanked for that!" - High School Principal
- "First off, thank you all very much for opening my eyes to the world of Differentiated Instruction. I learned many new techniques that I am slowly integrating into my classroom. The students love the activities and I have found that more students are not only more engaged, but seem to be retaining more information. As the World Language department chair, I have also shared some of the new DI techniques with other Spanish teachers and plan to make DI part of our departmental goals for next year." - High School Teacher & Department Chair
- "I just wanted to send you a quick email to say THANK YOU for taking me under your wing and helping me to be the teacher I am today. Working so closely with you has been by far the most challenging yet rewarding experience in my professional career. Not only do I benefit from what you taught me on a daily basis, but my students do and so does the staff I work with. You truly are an amazing educator, and I thank you for sharing your expertise and passion with me." -4th Grade Math Teacher, Erdenheim Elementary School
- "I really enjoy this program and all the opportunities and learning I have had. This has been the most beneficial professional development." - High School Math Teacher
- "Thanks for sharing this feedback. Reading it makes me really grateful for this opportunity for our teachers because the reflections really show a true commitment and genuine learning. I am excited to see this learning put into practice and naturally “spread” as these cohort members (and future members) share their knowledge and become leaders in the building." - High School Principal
- "I’m excited to read the positive reflections from our teachers regarding their learning, their experiences, and the desire to continue to engage in collaborative discussions with the cohort. The reflection by the participants supports the positive and significant impact this type of professional development with embedded coaching provides to effect change." - Curriculum Director
- “The structure of the workshop served to teach and model the concepts and strategies. Key concepts and vocabulary were regularly reinforced, and there were frequent checks for understanding and application.” - Administrator; DI program
- "I just got my evaluations sent to me in the mail from Arcadia for the fall semester math ed course I teach there. I focus a lot of time and attention on FA and DI, based on everything I learned from Pete and have since built upon in practice in my own classroom. Anyway, I got the best compliment I've ever received from a student, and I owe it all to Pete. One of the students wrote, "Learning about teaching math from Michelle is like learning baseball from an MLB player." Well, of course, instant sobbing. My dog's looking at me like I'm freakin nuts, haha. But seriously, I would never be where I am today, as a high school math teacher or as a college math ed instructor, without Pete. He is an amazing person, someone who I greatly admire and respect, and the one who inspired me to want to teach other math teachers about improving their craft. I hope to pass by the two of you in that conference room again very soon so that I can thank him in person." High School Math Teacher, Plymouth-Whitemarsh High School
- "Your sessions have greatly increased my "toolbox" with differentiating strategies for our classroom lessons. I now feel more comfortable including DI in my classroom. DI is a must have for a majority of my lessons. I hope future cohorts embrace this great resource." - High School Teacher
- Over the last few weeks I have tried scaffolding and split screen strategies and have had much success! Additionally, I created two new targeted assessments. This activity also proved to be very helpful. I have seen increased engagement of all students and I have data to show which students have learned what specific information. Overall, these changes have been subtle, small and rather simple, but have had huge results. Thanks! - Language Arts Teacher, Kutztown Area School District
- "Today, I finished meeting with teachers for their end-of-year evaluations. Many teachers referenced DI in our conference and cited the workshops, conversations, and lessons that were a part of their DI training this year. Our KES teachers can be fairly outspoken. The fact that they made mention of their experiences in your workshops and the impact it had on instruction is a testament to the value of their time with you. I am sure tomorrow will be a productive day and I look forward to your work with our intermediate teachers next year." - Principal, Kutztown Elementary School
- "There is nothing better than going to a Professional Development session and being part of it, instead of just being talked to. The way the process was presented allowed us to experience what D.I. is and to see the strategies in action so it was easier to see how to bring them to the classroom." - High School Teacher
- "I just want to say thank you for this opportunity! I learned quite a bit about what I already do and what I could do to become a better teacher. It has actually made me more motivated to try new strategies to increase student engagement. Thank you!!!!!" - Middle School English-Language Arts Teacher
- “I have definitely considered the 4 Pillars and assessment when planning my lessons. I am constantly thinking of ways to effectively assess my students to ensure that I am meeting the correct level of engagement. I have learned that assessment is not something that just follows lessons, but it also drives instruction." - High School Teacher
- "It really was the best PD that I’ve gone through to date! Going through your program really changed how I think about differentiating and I know that it has improved my teaching. Before, I felt as though DI was a bit “unreachable” – difficult to plan for and to implement. I realized that I had already been doing some of it, but you helped me to put all the pieces together. Now, I really feel as though it’s a part of my every day in the classroom." - High School Math, Wissahickon School District
- "My staff have made a concerted effort to implement DI strategies into their lessons. In conversations with them, they were all very appreciative of the ideas and the coaching. I know my intermediate teachers are anxiously awaiting their turn and they look forward to the fall. I thank you both as well for the excellent PD you have consistently provided us over the last 2 years." - Principal, Grenwich-Lenhartsville Elementary School
- "Thanks so much for the feedback. I watch and admire your approach to guiding teachers. You have a firm but positive approach supporting teachers. I want to do the best I can and always try to set high standards for what I do and how I support others. Your coaching us has been such an amazing experience." - Instructional Coach, grades 7-12, Spring-Ford Area School District
- "The teachers were really amazing in their presentation and understanding of how to integrate technology seamlessly with good instruction. I reached out to the teachers I saw yesterday with some praise and encouragement. I’m so pleased with the program and how our teachers have embraced it- and especially with their willingness to share with peers and model how time well spent with planning and preparation makes a tremendous difference for our students. Thank you to Pete and Beth Ann for facilitating a great day of learning!!" - Curriculum Director, Spring Ford School District
- "I am working my way through the DI course. I’ve been struggling to manage iReady and DI and so I am playing catch up...I have to say how much I LOVE the course! It’s amazing. I am completely impressed with the quality of this and feel like I have learned so much just working through it. You should be so proud of this product. I have a few more modules to go. I’m so excited to know our staff members have access to this and to you. Thanks." - Middle School Principal
- "THANK YOU! I love being part of this program - it is making me a better teacher, all the time! Key Learning from today: Learned new Think Dots, reviewed Tiered Instruction - and some essentials for incorporating that efficiently!"