TLS changes teaching.
Don’t take our word for it.
See what they’re saying.
- "THANK YOU! I love being part of this program - it is making me a better teacher, all the time! Key Learning from today: Learned new Think Dots, reviewed Tiered Instruction - and some essentials for incorporating that efficiently!"
- Over the last few weeks I have tried scaffolding and split screen strategies and have had much success! Additionally, I created two new targeted assessments. This activity also proved to be very helpful. I have seen increased engagement of all students and I have data to show which students have learned what specific information. Overall, these changes have been subtle, small and rather simple, but have had huge results. Thanks! - Language Arts Teacher, Kutztown Area School District
- “The structure of the workshop served to teach and model the concepts and strategies. Key concepts and vocabulary were regularly reinforced, and there were frequent checks for understanding and application.” - Administrator; DI program
- "I just want to say thank you for this opportunity! I learned quite a bit about what I already do and what I could do to become a better teacher. It has actually made me more motivated to try new strategies to increase student engagement. Thank you!!!!!" - Middle School English-Language Arts Teacher
- "The teachers were really amazing in their presentation and understanding of how to integrate technology seamlessly with good instruction. I reached out to the teachers I saw yesterday with some praise and encouragement. I’m so pleased with the program and how our teachers have embraced it- and especially with their willingness to share with peers and model how time well spent with planning and preparation makes a tremendous difference for our students. Thank you to Pete and Beth Ann for facilitating a great day of learning!!" - Curriculum Director, Spring Ford School District
- "Today, I finished meeting with teachers for their end-of-year evaluations. Many teachers referenced DI in our conference and cited the workshops, conversations, and lessons that were a part of their DI training this year. Our KES teachers can be fairly outspoken. The fact that they made mention of their experiences in your workshops and the impact it had on instruction is a testament to the value of their time with you. I am sure tomorrow will be a productive day and I look forward to your work with our intermediate teachers next year." - Principal, Kutztown Elementary School
- “I feel as though the process of this experience has been essential to my learning and my successes with implementing the DI philosophy and strategies. I really needed to see the strategies in action, I loved your questioning techniques and how you explain clearly and in detail your expectations. The coaching opportunities were very useful in helping me to plan activities and brainstorm what strategies would best support my goals.” - High School Teacher
- “I have definitely considered the 4 Pillars and assessment when planning my lessons. I am constantly thinking of ways to effectively assess my students to ensure that I am meeting the correct level of engagement. I have learned that assessment is not something that just follows lessons, but it also drives instruction." - High School Teacher
- "There is nothing better than going to a Professional Development session and being part of it, instead of just being talked to. The way the process was presented allowed us to experience what D.I. is and to see the strategies in action so it was easier to see how to bring them to the classroom." - High School Teacher
- "My staff have made a concerted effort to implement DI strategies into their lessons. In conversations with them, they were all very appreciative of the ideas and the coaching. I know my intermediate teachers are anxiously awaiting their turn and they look forward to the fall. I thank you both as well for the excellent PD you have consistently provided us over the last 2 years." - Principal, Grenwich-Lenhartsville Elementary School
- "Thanks so much for the feedback. I watch and admire your approach to guiding teachers. You have a firm but positive approach supporting teachers. I want to do the best I can and always try to set high standards for what I do and how I support others. Your coaching us has been such an amazing experience." - Instructional Coach, grades 7-12, Spring-Ford Area School District